We are currently looking for this position to be filled in March-April 2020. We'd like to ask you a few questions to jump start the process and get to know you a bit. We are also currently receiving a lot of applications, so you may not hear from us immediately. Good luck with the hiring process and we'll be in touch.
What is Invisible?
UX Demo (60 secs): www.inv.tech/demo
Digital Assembly Line Demo: www.inv.tech/daldemo
Client Web App Demo: www.inv.tech/clientappdemo
Culture Demo: www.inv.tech/therealdeck
Publications (Reports, Metrics, others): www.inv.tech/publications
Who are we?
We are Invisible’s Technologies Team. We solve problems at scale so they never happen again. At our best, we solve problems before they happen.
Who we want
- Engineers and engineering leaders who love to create beautiful, functional systems.
- Polymaths and independent thinkers
- Someone who is unlike anyone else on the team
What Engineering leaders are expected to do
- Teach teach teach — Millions of new programmers appear in the workforce every year. They need guidance and direction. Impart your wisdom. Every great engineering team is constantly learning.
- Build better tech — Build systems that scale, optimize around constraints, architect towards the future, and create beautiful solutions to difficult problems
- Build a better company — Don’t just follow orders. Question them. Question everything. Make improvements to how we work, not just our team, but the entire company.
- Make yourself better — Our culture values personal growth. We want to see you grow and learn every single week, and bring the company along with you.
- Ship code — We learn by doing.
Specifically, a Director of Engineering will
- Lead on architectural decisions
- Mentor the engineers on the squad
- Review code daily and be able to pair often
- Write production code
- Partner with Product on process and methodology
- Experience in different programming paradigms, especially functional programming
- Share your Github/StackOverflow or similar profiles. If you’re contributing to an open source projects, share that too!
- React.js, Node.js, TypeScript
What to expect if you join us
- You will always work on the most important problem. We always strive to tackle the most important challenge, and we prioritize to make effective use of our time.
- You will never do the same thing twice. Do it once, learn, systematize, automate, upgrade. We are exponential.
- You will never work on a problem that should have been prevented. Prioritize, execute, and prevent future problems.
- You will systematize or document most things. Creating systems checks if you really understand what you're doing, allows others to analyze for improvements, and means the entire team upgrades together.
- You will make mistakes. That’s okay. This is how we learn. Prevent the mistake from happening again.
- You will be empowered and encouraged to act with creativity. We have no limits. Every team member is empowered to upgrade our collective intelligence with new ideas. Act with moxie. Act with creativity. Act with inspiration.
The culture is imbued with romantic capitalist values. These are just a few:
Heroism Be insanely ambitious. You should want your boss’s job. You have a moral obligation to seek power and use it for good. The modern knight fights abstract dragons.
Challenge Welcome adversity, struggles, and suffering. Steel yourself for the worst. Challenge problems to a duel. Seek the widest possible stage for your talents.
Meritocracy Create and measure the value you create. Strive to be the best.
Ownership You are the CEO until told otherwise.
Collaboration Solving problems together benefits everyone.
Competition If you outperform, you will be rewarded.
Glory Do the great work of your life, here and now, the work that you were made for, and that you will be remembered for. Seek your aristeia moment.
Truth Seek the truth. Express yourself freely. Confront problems head-on. Be as transparent as possible. Don’t hide the bad and the ugly. Stand up for your opinion by engaging in debate. Change your mind when you’re wrong.
Intensity Work hard. Don’t waste time. The more fully you absorb yourself in your work, the more aggressively you work and the better you work.
Join Our Team - THIS IS A FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION
Do it because you want to do something on the edge of hard and impossible. Do it if you are the unstoppable force seeking an immovable object. You want to see what you’re made of. Do it if you want to test your limits: your ability to create order in chaos, to operate under extreme stress, to achieve impossible goals…
Do it because you personally want a synthetic intelligence. Do it because you want to solve the biggest problem in the world: wasted time. Do it if you want humans to spend less time doing robotic jobs, and more time being creative and strategic.
More About Us
The revolution — https://medium.com/invisible-fundraising/the-capitalist-workers-revolution-d88ea517b726
Our strategy —
Reverse sell —