What is Invisible?
-- Website: www.inv.tech
-- UX Demo (60 secs): www.inv.tech/demo
-- Digital Assembly Line Demo: www.inv.tech/daldemo
-- Client Web App Demo: www.inv.tech/clientappdemo
-- Culture Demo: www.inv.tech/therealdeck
-- Publications (Reports, Metrics, others): www.inv.tech/publications
Who are we?
We solve problems at scale so they never happen again. At our best, we solve problems before they happen. How?
We Believe That
-- Consistent feedback is key - we are addicted to learning and getting better
-- What one of us knows, all of us should know
-- Every new mistake is a learning opportunity
Because of these beliefs, we’ve built a team where
-- Distributed approaches and centralized intelligence merge. Each teammate is constantly innovating and trying something new. Every mistake is prevented by all. Every success is learned by all.
-- Each of us contains the sum of the knowledge, intelligence, and creativity of our entire team.
-- We evolve and mutate constantly like an organism, identifying successful and problematic tactics and incorporating ideas from any source.
What does it mean to be VP for Customer Success at Invisible Technologies?
To create chaos. To lead transparency. To design order. To narrate. To sell our thesis. To sell to all, everywhere. To bring clarity. To define objectives. To innovate.
These are your responsibilities.
What Does it Mean to be the VP of Customer Success?
The right “VP of Customer Success” doesn’t need this job description, and won’t wake up in the morning with the thought “I am the VP of Customer Success at Invisible,” but with the thought: “Have we taken over the world yet?” The right person already called me, and told me these words:
You should hire me, because I am going to save your clients as favorites on my phone. And I am going to call them every day, like they’re my lover or my mother or my best friends. I am going to make their problems, my problems. I will not rest until they pray a prayer of gratitude to Invisible for freeing their time to be creative.
Your clients aren’t entitled. They are right to demand the impossible from us. They are right to ask for more. To want a better experience. We need them to be more efficient. The more productive we empower them to be, the more profitable they will be — the more profitable they are and the more free time they have, the more problems they will solve, and the more resources they’ll have to invest in innovation.
I can think like a client, because all I want is to be a client of Invisible. I want to be able to text, email, slack, Facebook message, video call and phone call my bot at all hours of the day and night. I want to have complete trust in delegating all work to my bot that doesn’t need to be done uniquely by me.
I don’t just care about people, I care about design, product, experience, systems, operations and technology. I can think like a CEO. I want to be the tip of the spear, and work with every other part of the company to make sure they are getting the feedback they need from clients — and to help them design solutions that work.
Who we want
- We seek a highly knowledgeable and people-centered B2B, Enterprise SaaS Customer Success leader, to lead our Customer Success team.
- Our ideal candidate knows how to deploy complex company-wide client engagements, ensure executive and administrative stakeholder alignment to support those engagements, and consistently show value that allows for easy renewals, expansions, and referrals.
- You should have experience with deal sizes ranging from $100k to $1M, and have experience driving CS teams from ~$1M ARR to ~$20M ARR. You should have a track record of consistently growing revenue with existing clients, and consistently ensuring high NPS and low churn.
- Your preferred mode of working is to understand, co-create, and commit to a clear vision and strategy for your CS team that is aligned with that of the organization. Then it is to execute against and scale your vision and strategy.
- You know how startups work. You know there will be obstacles, some of which you'll be able to move over and others you won't. You get excited by the obstacles and dare them to be big enough to stop you. They don't stop you. You do it anyway and you do it better.
- You are a phenomenal recruiter of your CS team. You know what kind of people you need to drive success, and you know how to recruit those people. When you have them, you know how to train them in a way that drives the success of our client's demand, and that you and we demand.
- You care. You want a purpose in your work. You want to make the world better. You want your work to matter. *And* your care complements your fierce ambition. You expect high performance. You expect and demand that goals be met. You won't settle for anything less.
What you will do:
- Lead a portfolio of enterprise clients, with the expectation of increasing portfolio value significantly year over year
- Strategic partner and visionary for clients, ensuring they receive maximum value and services to desired culture and performance improvement
- Communicate regularly with executives at client organizations (including travel for in-person meetings) to deepen relationships, lead strategic visioning sessions, and gather feedback to improve our offerings
- Strategically and tactically mentor Customer Success team members and support them in engaging executives in client organizations
- Cultivate open pathways for communication between the Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure optimal transfer of knowledge and relationships
- Work with the CEO and Sales team to identify and build systems to drive client referrals
- Pioneer enterprise Customer Success processes and best practices, and transfer that knowledge efficiently to new team members
Required Experience & Skills
- 6+ years experience in high-touch enterprise SaaS Director of VP CS roles
- Scaled teams from $1M ARR to at least $20M ARR
- Comfort with designing, up-selling, and managing six- and seven-figure deals
- Self-driven and highly accountable for delivering extraordinary outcomes
- Enjoys leading and supporting others through ambiguity and change
- Highly self-aware and emotionally intelligent
- Strong communicator with a passion for people
- Proven track record building a team, coaching/mentoring them to success and mentor your team
- High organizational intelligence about how enterprise clients typically operate
- Understanding of how common types of software (e.g. web apps) are built and deployed
- Extremely sharp problem-solving skills
- Thrives in metrics- and data-driven environments
- Ability to transform manual solutions into scalable systems
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and distill complex and ambiguous scenarios into their important and actionable elements
- Storyteller and a lover of stories
You will report to Francis Pedraza (CEO).
This is what it means to be VP of Customer Success at Invisible.