What Does it Mean to be a Content Marketer at Invisible?
The right “Content Marketer” doesn’t need this job description, and won’t wake up in the morning with the thought, “I am the Content Marketer at Invisible,” but with the thought: “Have we taken over the world yet?” The right person already called us, and told us these words:
- I will turn poetry into engagement. Although I’m familiar with marketing, at my core, I’m a Copywriter. I will use content to connect with the audiences that are most relevant to Invisible, in a way that’s relevant and fresh for them. I will keep asking the questions “What is it for?” and “Who’s it for?” to make sure our communication is specific and meaningful.
- I am an educator, a journalist and a thinker. I will get people to notice us and be awed. I will invite people to engage with our content and they will be so captivated sales will have a hard time keeping up. I can balance the WOW (be noticed), HOW (engage and educate) and NOW (drive action) of content marketing.
- I know that search engine optimization is about time on page and bounce rate, not about keyword stuffing or artificial link building. I will get people to share and link to our content because they want to, not because we ask them to.
- I am a master with words. I play with language. I enjoy writing copy for an email or a tweet, just as much as conducting research and developing a deep editorial piece. I’m comfortable connecting with our users and customers and love nothing more than to tell their stories.
- I’m a wizard of simplicity. My writing is straightforward, tight copy and clutter never keeps me down. My stories are deep and engaging, to the point and articulate. Through language, I invite people to change their point of view. I elicit dialogs and share in other people’s points of view. I constantly seek to challenge myself, my assumptions, and build my craft.
Would you be proud to share your portfolio with us? Send us your best work, from a poem, to amazing ad copy or a long form journalistic piece. We think both prose and fiction can be part of what you can thrive on as well. All our customers in the end want to read stories.
At Invisible, our Content Marketer is our Editor-In-Chief. You understand that good branding is created by what we say and how we say it. This role is strategic and will shape Invisible’s future. We expect you to:
- Understand our audience and help us court potential clients
- Support our sales and design team with written materials
- Manage day-to-day website content, email copy
- Be a search engine optimization fanatic
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Mastery of the English language
- Proficient in different styles of writing; business, prose, tweets
- You’ve probably read The Elements of Style once or twice or 100 times. You also probably have a few English, Russian, or Spanish tomes on your shelf that are well-read and deeply loved.
- Can articulate ideas concisely, clearly, and creatively
- Looking for someone who is friendly with technology and tech start ups. But we won’t ask you to do math!
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- Romantic capitalists
- Obsessed with the company
- Demonstrates literary sophistication
- Values quality over quantity
- Express themselves with power, subtly, concision, and conviction
- Care about details, systems, business outcomes, and artistic purity
If you’re a history buff or english literature major, and have wondered if you can pursue an amazing career with a high ceiling, come check us out.